For newspapers now a days is fundamental to think Mobile First.
But, what does it mean?
It means to make it easy for readers to have access to your news on their mobile devices.
In order to do that you can start by planning Design and Social activity at their best.
Please find below some advices and let us know if you have doubts about how to implement them.
- Your newspaper has to be designed and thought for a mobile screen in first place. Check out Style Guide, you can download it for FREE
- The mobile screen is limited by size. This means I want to keep it simple and focus on what really matters: title, body, images, videos need to be easy to see and well organized. Learn more
- How to improve UX on your newspaper http://www.openhost.es/news/improve-user-experience-newspaper/
- The connection may be slower than the wifi (3G, 4G). Always test your newspaper on mobile devices and check speedtest tools to make sure my pages always opens in about 4 seconds. Learn more about performance and web design in our article
- Content VS web performance http://www.openhost.es/news/digital-newspapers-content-vs–web-performance/
- Apply new standards for mobile performance such as Facebook Instant Articles (FIA) and Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) by Google. Learn more in our articles about them:
- FIA vs AMP http://www.openhost.es/news/opennemas–fia–vs–amp/
- FAQ about AMP http://www.openhost.es/news/opennemas–faq–amp/
- Accelerate your news with AMP http://www.openhost.es/news/accelerate-your-news-with-amp
- Check out our Themes, all perfectly designed for mobile devices
- Opennemas Themes http://www.openhost.es/news/opennemas-newspapers-themes-style/
- Social buttons need to be present in frontpages and articles to make it easy for readers to follow, like and share.
- Upload your news on your social pages and promote them.
- Comment: let your readers comment, or even better try to make them participate including a form for them to submit ideas, feedback or even news.
- Send newsletters with relevant or most read news, let your user choose if they prefer daily, weekly or monthly newsletters.
If you want to create your own newspaper try Opennemas for free and read our articles to make sure you have all you need to be successful
- 5 Steps to start your newspaper today http://www.openhost.es/news/opennemas-5-steps-start-newspaper/
- 5 must have of digital newspapers http://www.openhost.es/news/opennemas-5-must-have-newspapers/
- Recipe for a great newspaper http://www.openhost.es/news/opennemas-recipe-great-newspaper/
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any doubts or queries and do not forget to FOLLOW US on our Social Pages
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/opennemas
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Opennemas/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/openhost
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/102922388479219778478